Wednesday 6 August 2008

Jumpers for goal posts

Hello, I’m back again, refreshed and officially ready to roll for Clearing now! As my post yesterday was short and sweet, I didn’t get time to update you on my holiday!


I disappeared to the island of Skiathos for a couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the sea, sand and cheap lager. I’ve been away from all the news and goings on since I left was heartbroken to find when I came back to find that the Weston Pier had burnt down. I spent a lot of time (and hard earned coppers) there in my childhood, it was such a shame to hear.


As I mentioned yesterday congratulations to all the Scottish students who got their results, I really hope all your hard work has paid off. If the grades you got were not quite what you expected, remember there are PLENTY of options for you, so give us a call if you are at all worried about your results.


On a lighter note the annual epic football tie between UCAS and The Exam Results Helpline XI is in the preparation stages. In conjunction with Radio 1, the Surgery is a great help at this time of year for you guys about to get your results as they offer extra advice and guidance around the results day.


They are a good crew, so if you need any specific career advice or didn’t quite make those grades you were hoping for then don’t hesitate to call them for assistance on 0808 100 8000 or at www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/surgery. Of course if you want to ask us a question about the application/Clearing process you can do so on the usual number 0871 468 0 468.


Anyway, back to the footy! Jumpers will be down as goalposts in our local park as football fever hits UCAS on 13 Aug. We pinched it one - nil last year, even with their celeb footballer (last year The Surgery had Ricky Whittle on their team (Calvin from Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks). He looked promising; good pace, good touch but no end product! Thoroughly nice chap though.


It is great to get back, talking to you guys on the phones and there are a lot of calls coming through at the moment about “If I don’t get my firm choice, and don’t want my insurance, what do I do?” The answer is, if you don’t quite achieve your Firm choice but you do get in for the insurance BUT don’t want this choice, then once that insurance choice is confirmed, you will need permission from that uni to allow you to leave this offer and then you’ll be eligible for Clearing where you can then apply anywhere else that’s available. Remember on this one that it is the uni you need permission to leave from not UCAS.


That’s all for the moment, but I’ll pop back again very soon. Thanks to those who have sent comments too, I’ll try and answer a few questions you might have in these blogs, so keep them coming in. I’m off to do my fantasy footy team for the new footie season. But can I really afford Keane and Torres up front?


Craig


No comments: