Friday 1 August 2008

Just a quick one - good luck!

Hi folks, just a quick one today, I'm on holiday recharging the batteries before I get back to work for the busy Clearing period.

I thought I'd just check in and wish the Scottish students all the best for next Tuesday's exam results day. Try to relax and enjoy the weekend, don't worry about getting your results. I mean over 27,000 Scottish students were accepted by a uni or college last year, that's really good going!

But if for some reason you don't get the results you were looking for, don't panic as almost 2,000 found places through Clearing.

Anyway I'm going to get back to my holiday. All being well I'll update my blog on Monday and Tuesday with some more advice and guidance. In the mean time check out www.ucas.com/clearing

Enjoy your weekend and take it easy!

Craig

2 comments:

Sara said...

i really am worried about all this, i applied in september for 5 universities and they didn't take me in now i'm scared i might miss the clearing too =( =(

Craig said...

Sarah don’t worry at this stage with your situation. The best thing I can advise is that if you haven’t been able to acquire a place from your 5 choices then firstly you could call the Uni to get some feedback on why you’ve been unsuccessful.

This is really helpful when applying through Clearing as it gives you an idea of what’s really happening.

Secondly you haven’t missed Clearing as its running as we speak! You should have received a Clearing passport Letter as we call it.

If you are awaiting your exam results wait until you receive them and choose a Uni course you’re interested in quoting your Clearing Passport number. They will then make a decision on whether they would like to take you on. Simple! If you have your results already then start calling uni’s now to see what’s available.

Just to let you know the list of what is available in clearing will go online @ ucas.com on the 14th Aug! Best of luck until then Sarah and if you have any probs we’ll be happy to explain all again to you on the phone. Call 0871 468 0468.